The objective of this course is to introduce kids to the world of game design in an unconventional and playful way. They will learn about logic building, coding and microcontrollers that will enable them to create interactive games.
Students will use BBC micro:bit controller which is a pocket-sized computer that introduces you to how software and hardware work together. It has an LED light display, buttons, sensors and many input/output features that, when programmed, let it interact with you and your world.
7 – 9.5 years
- Intro to coding through flow charts
- Introduction to micro:bit controller
- Create interactive animations
- Learn programming concepts like loops, conditionals and variables
- Learn about random numbers
- Rock Paper Scissor game
- Invent your own maze game using LEGO bricks