Python is a widely used and popular programming language. This course is for students who already have some basic knowledge of python. In this course we will use pygame library which is an open-source module for the Python programming language used to make games and animations.
In the online sessions, students will be tutored in real-time by an experienced computer scientist who will help them learn concepts like game loops, classes, functions, event handling and image display and will be introduced to large codes and complex gaming logic to create their first game using python and pygame.
11 – 16 years
2 sessions / week
- Introduction to Pygame
- Using python Functions and classes
- Setting up a gaming display
- Building basic gaming loops
- Loading graphics in python
- Building a complete shooting game by adding sprite animations, scores, collisions and other gaming effects.
Prerequisite: Python for beginners or any other python experience.