Welcome to the exciting course on Android app programming and design Course. Thunkable is a popular block-based programming environment for beginners that is used for creating mobile applications. The programming portion of each week will cover one or more concepts and skills, with short assignments to practice or apply those. The course will give students hands-on experience in developing interesting apps.
All this coupled with an experienced mentor on the other side and result is a fun-filled learning environment for your kids to get a head-start in life by developing critical problem solving and design-thinking techniques.
11 – 16 years
2 sessions / week
- Identifying some of the types of apps available in the Android Marketplace and what features these apps have.
- Label the major parts of an App Inventor program.
- Understand how the components and blocks work and interact.
- Introduction to event-based programming.
- How to create apps using a design process; How to apply concepts and skills that will eventually allow the students to make an interactive app.