This course contains challenges and learning missions based around the theme of urban planning. These challenges provide rich opportunities for students to explore and create innovative solutions to tackle current urban city problems in a fun way.
It will also enable the students to learn team work, problem solving skills and development of solutions for real world problems.
- Introduction to LEGO Mindstorms EV3 Kit and its components
- Construction and building the of basic LEGO robot using Ev3 kit
- Introduction to the LEGO Mindstorms EV3 programming tool
- Programming the robot to move using time-based navigation
- Introduction to concept of sensors
- Introduction to encoders
- Working and usage of a Touch Sensor
- Using touch sensor as a switch
- Working and usage of a Ultrasonic Sensor
- Obstacle based challenge
- Introduction to the EV3 based themed challenge missions
- Concept of Active and Passive attachments (used for completing missions)
- Work on various missions.
- Completion of Missions
- Friendly competitions and presentations